How to Get a US Postal Office Job| Postal Exam Review
If you are interested in securing a US Postal Office Job, then today is your lucky day because this article will guide you on how you can get your dream job. Did you know that the USPS is the second largest employer of the country? Simply learn about the requirements, pass the entrance test, and you are good to go for the postal service job.
Important Employment Information
The best way to learn about the job opportunities at the USPS is that you visit the employment section of the United States Postal Service website. In addition, you can use keywords to look for career opportunities and can create an online profile at the website as well. T You can choose from many postal service jobs that include:
- Tractor trailer operators
- Mail handlers
- Mail carriers
- Human resources
US Postal Office Job for Fresh Graduates
There are two separate programs that college students can apply for. You can opt for the 18 month paid internship that is known as The Management Foundations Program and is a great opportunity for people who want entry level positions at the USPS. Interns get a good idea about how the organization works that can be of great help in securing a permanent job later on.
The second program is the Summer Intern Program, which is for 10 weeks and caters to a particular project. The best part is that there are career opportunities for veterans too and the applicants can choose their preferences on the website.
Some of the other postal service job opportunities include the New Supervisor Program which is for 6 weeks and helps in polishing the management skills of all the candidates.
The eligibility requirements for the above mentioned programs are:
- Candidates should be 18 or 16 years of age
- Candidates should have a high school diploma
- They should be a citizen or should have a permanent resident status
- They should clear the drug test
- They should have a safe driving record
The candidates will be shortlisted based on a test. It is, therefore, imperative that you prepare yourself well for the test once you have applied for the position.
Salary and Benefits
USPS provides great benefits for all their employees. Let’s have a look at some of them:
· Compensation- Employees are compensated for overtime, night shift, and get a Sunday premium pay.
· Health Insurance- The health insurance program gives excellent coverage and is extremely affordable.
· Retirement- This depends on the number of years served and the age of the employee
· Leave- All employees get 13 annual leaves for the first three years, 20 after three years, 26 after 15 years of service.
- Other benefits include Thrift Savings Plan, Social Security & Medicare, Long-Term Care Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, and Dental and Vision Insurance