US Postal Jobs- Frequently Asked Questions
A large number of people apply for US Postal jobs, so if you are doing the same, you have come to the right place because the article will discuss all the frequently asked questions to clear your confusion, if you have any.
How Is The Postal Service Different From Other Organizations?
If you are applying for the US postal office jobs, you should know that it is the second largest employer of the country. Here are a few things that you might not know about the company:
- It handles more than 202 million packages per annum.
- It has over 700,000 employees that make it the country’s largest civilian employers.
- It has more than 37,000 post offices.
- It has more than 200,000 vehicles.
- The commercial airlines carry more than 10.5 million pounds of mail every day.
- They deliver to 14 million addresses every week.
- Almost 7 million people visit the office every day.
How Will The Test Orientation Guide Help Me Out?
The test orientation guide will help you in the following ways:
- It will give you an idea about what to expect in the test.
- It will increase your chances of succeeding in the exam.
- You will understand the entire testing process.
- You will feel more confident during the exam.
What is the Exam 473 all about?
The postal exam 473 is open to all the people who want to work in the US postal service. The test is basically a screening process that will help in finding out the top candidates.
Why Is It Important To Test The Employees?
It is important to test the potential employees because the United States Postal Service jobs are all about delivering goods to the people. There is a certain skill set that is needed for this job and the test 473 will help in identifying people that have the personal; characteristics, experience, abilities, and skills.
What Are The Entry Level Jobs And What Are The Requirements?
Let’s have a look at them:
City Carriers- These are the people that deliver and collect the mail in the given area. The carriers have to carry the bag that can weigh up to 35 pounds. The applicant’s requirements are:
- Should have a valid driver’s license
- A safe driving record
- Two years of driving experience
Mail Processing Clerk-They operate and monitor all the equipment and even sort out the mail. They may have to carry heavy containers.
Mail Handler- They have to unload all the containers that can weigh up to 70 pounds.
Sales, Services, and Distribution Associate- They handle all the customers and have to complete an on-job training program.
What Is The Qualifying Score?
The qualifying score is 70 to 100.
Where Should I Look For The Job Announcements?
You should look for it in the following places
- At State employment offices
- In the newspaper
- On local television
- On public bulletin boards
- On the Postal Service Internet
- Radio advertisements